The process of buying your first home can be a scary one. It can also be exciting. This will be possibly the biggest purchase of your life. It’s important to know what resources and programs are available to you. You don’t want to miss out on anything that might make the experience even better! Below I have added links to different programs, grants, etc. that could help you get that home and save a little at the same time. You will also find a link to several mortgage lender options. We are providing this information to help you. We won’t make you talk to us or call us to get the info. It’s out there for free anyway. We have just put it all in one place. We do hope that you will contact us with any questions you have and that you would give us the opportunity to help you find your NextHome!
- Home Consortium 2018
- This grant offers up to $30,000 towards the purchase of a home. Click the link above to read the requirements to qualify and the requirements of the home you purchase. Call me if you have any questions. We have had several clients receive this grant and it was most certainly a game changer. It is on a first come first serve basis, so time is of the essence. If you get approved for the grant, it does not mean you will get it. Buyers that close on their home first get the grant until the program no longer has funds. Once the funds are all allocated, they will close the program until more funds are available.
- MS Home Corporation has several loan programs and lots of great advice and steps to follow in the purchase of your NextHome. Some of these include:
- Smart Solution Mortgage
- 97% Loan (Conventional Only)
- Lower mortgage insurance premiums
- Competitive interest rates quoted daily
- First-time homebuyers may be eligible for more savings by combining a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) with MHC’s Smart Solution Mortgage. Qualifying homebuyer may claim 40% of their mortgage interest (up to $2000 per year) as credit on federal income taxes, while still claiming the remaining 60% of interest as a deduction
- Smart Solution and the MCC are both available statewide through participating lenders. Contact a participating lender below to find out if you quality for MHC’s Smart Solution mortgage program!
- Mortgage Revenue Bond
- 30 year fixed rate (rate subject to change)
- FHA insured, VA, Rural Development and Conventional Loans
- No liquid asset limit
- 3.5% Cash Advance for down payment and/or closing costs
- Smart Solution Mortgage
- USDA Rural Development Single Family Housing Programs
- Renaissance Community Loan Fund
These are just some of the programs and loan options available to you as a first time home buyer, or even some available to you if you are not a first time home buyer. Really a great first step is to check these out, see which one might be the best option for you and then give me a call (228-239-0371) and we will help set you up with a great mortgage lender to fit your needs. One that will work with you on these grants, programs, etc. and together we can all get you on the road to your NextHome!
P.S. If you are not a first time home buyer and you’ve heard you have to have 20% down, it’s NOT always TRUE. There are options for you as well. In fact some of the options above may still be available to you. Let’s talk and find the right path for you!