Are you looking to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend? Wondering what there is to do? As coast resident, dad and someone who likes to get out and enjoy the coast, I know the benefit of having a quick list of events and things to do in my area. I have put together a list to share with you, of all the happenings this weekend! It is broken down by city.
If you are considering buying your NextHome, download this free app: Free Home Search App and see what homes are available in the area.
Bay St. Louis/Waveland and other areas of Hancock County:
- McLeod Park Easter Egg Hunt: Location: Mecleod Park, Kiln MS Time/Date: 2:00 p.m. Saturday, March 31, 2018. There will be Easter Egg Hunt, Easter Bunny, Golf Cart Decoration and Parade, Easter Bonnet Contest and more.
- Stella Yelling Contest: Location: BSL Little Theater Time/Date: 3:30 p.m. Saturday, March 31, 2018 Free for spectators and $10 for contestants. There’s prize $$. For more info call: (228) 467-9024
- Bay Bikers Social Bike Ride: Location: Daiquiri Shak, 112 Court St., Bay St. Louis, MS. Time/Date: 7:30 pm-till. Each Friday, weather permitting, area bicyclists meet in the evening and take a tour around town. It’s an adult social group and everyone is welcome. Most rides end with a stop at a local restaurant or bar.
Side note: Bay St. Louis was just named one of the best Easter weekend getaways in this article: Vacation Idea’s 25 Best Easter Weekend Getaways
- City of Pass Christian Parks Commission Easter Egg Hunt: Location: War Memorial Park. Time/Date: 10 a.m. Saturday, March 31, 2018.
- Easter Brunch: Location: Oak Crest Mansion Time/Date: Reservations required, times vary, Sunday, April 1, 2018. For more info visit their Face Book page.
- For other things to do check these out:
- Annual Jazz and Blues Festival: FREE EVENT Location: University Southern Mississippi – Gulf Park Campus, 730 East Beach Blvd, Long Beach. Time/Date: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, March 31, 2018. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt! For more info visit: USM Jazz and Blues Festival
- For other things to do check these out:
- Sno Boogers @ Southern Gent’s Men’s Hair Salon Grand Opening: Location: 12460 Hwy 49, Gulfport. Time/Date: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, March 31, 2018. For more info or to schedule an appointment with Southern Gent’s visit: Southern Gent’s Men’s Hair Salon.
- Egg Hunt @ Saucier Elementary: Location: Saucier Elementary school. Time/Date: 10 a.m. Saturday, March 31, 2018.
- Other things to do in Gulfport/Saucier area:
- The IMMS and the new Ocean Adventures facililty: Click here for more details: IMMS . This is a very neat place to visit. I did find that the IMMS website itself does not have a lot of great info on the new Ocean Adventures Marine Park. If you want more details on it before making the trip, check this article out. I found it very helpful and informative: Ocean Adventures Marine Park Article
- Lynn Meadows Discovery Center: More info visit: Lynn Meadows Discovery Center
- Easter Egg Hunt at Lava Links: Location: Lava Links Miniature Golf Club at the Scarlet Pearl Casino. Time/Date: 10 a.m. , Saturday, March 31, 2018. This is a FREE event, however tickets need to be picked up in advance and there are some limitations. Visit, Lava Links, Scarlet Pearl , for more info.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Beauvoir: Location: Beauvoir, The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library. Time/Date: 10 a.m., Saturday, March 31, 2018. More info visit: Beauvoir, Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library
- Salvation Army Taste of South MS : Location: Salvation Army Kroc Center. Time/Date: 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m., Friday, March 30, 2018. Click here for more info: Salvation Army Taste of South MS
- Ocean Springs Fresh Market: Every Sat from 9 a.m to 1 p.m.
- Location: L&N Depot Plaza
- More info : City of Ocean Springs Calendar
- City of Pascagoula’s 40th Easter Egg Hunt: Location: Beach Park, Pascagoula. Time/Date: 6 p.m., Thursday, March 29, 2018. More info: Pascagoula Easter Egg Hunt
- Paddlepalooza Twilight Paddle: Location: Lighthouse Park, Pascagoula. Time/Date: 5-9 p.m., Saturday March 31, 2018. Paddlepalooza
- This is a neat place to visit: Pascagoula River Audubon Center
- Moss Point:
- More info for things to do in Moss Point click : Moss Point
- For several options of things to do in Gautier click this link: Things to do in Gautier MS
So, this should give you plenty of options. I plan to put out an updated list every Friday, so if you ever find yourself wondering what is going on on the Coast for the weekend, just check here! If you have any events that I don’t have listed or suggestions please leave a comment and let me know!!! It’s going to be rain this week, but should clear up in time for the weekend. I hope you get out this weekend and really enjoy our beautiful coast and this beautiful weather!!